How to Support the War Memorial - Click to Lean More
Abington Township War Memorial Park
Support Our GoFundMe - www.gofundme.com/warmemorial
Connect With Us On Facebook @abingtonwarmemorial
Click here to get more information - https://supportourtroops.org/troopons
Troopons® -- Coupons for Troops
May 6th, 2019 at 11AM
Golf Outing at Lulu Country Club!
ACPAdvisorNet is a free online networking community that connects veterans with
experienced career coaches. Veterans can ask questions and receive advice
from industry experts across the country, connect for one-on-one career
coaching and apply to open positions on the Job Board.
Get more information here https://acp-advisornet.org/
- One award per year in the amount of $500 to be awarded at VFW Post 676 May meeting.
- Open to all veterans enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning (proof required)
- Open to all high school seniors matriculating to an accredited institution of higher learning
in the up- coming semester (proof required) and are residents of the greater Glenside area
- Candidates must submit 500-word essay expressing merits for winning scholarship by
April 30th to be eligible
- Participation in Community Service (minimum 10 hours in current year) required with Post
- High School senior candidates must have participated in the VFW Voice of Democracy
and VFW Patriot Pen programs (this requirement will be waived based on
year of entry)
* Click to Download Form *
North Penn VFW Post 676 Scholarship
Good Food & Drinks
SSGT AN KI HOUNG
Air Force Recruiter
Tel: 215-247-1098 | 609-220-3547
7700 Crittenden St
Philadelphia, PA 19118
www.airforce.com | 800-423-USAF
SERVICE OFFICER LOCATOR
- Locate the “FIND A SERVICE OFFICER” box on the right-hand side of screen
- Select your state and hit “GO”
Bronze Veteran’s Medallion
Relatively recently, the VA has authorized the issue of bronze medallions to be attached to privately purchased headstones/markers to signify veteran status. This medallion is in lieu of a government issued headstone or marker when appropriate, such as, to mark the presence of a veteran in a family plot when a family headstone is already present. The veterans death must have occurred on or after 11/1/1990. The medallions are 5 inches and are issued directly to the family. They come complete with instructions on how to affix the emblem. Complete information and instruction packets are available in the Post office. We can also assist in attaching the medallions, if needed.
Contact the Veterans Affairs office for the county where you reside to obtain information on getting a medallion the sticks in the ground.